25th of july!
WHO CAN APPLY
The program is designed for idea, pre-seed, seed, and growth stage startups as well as mature companies.
Startup Teams and registered companies from all over the world offering innovative technological solutions for the Energy Efficiency and Renewables sector are welcome to apply for the program.
Startups both from Armenia and abroad will participate in acceleration program and related activities through online and remote communication channels.
Applicants are asked to submit online applications through the GUST platform where they will be required to fill the details of the technical and financial plans of their technology solution. The submitted application must address the relevant CCTA2020 energy sector development challenge and estimate the results they will achieve during a proof-of-concept or pilot of theirtechnology solution.
In short, startups are recommended to:
Check out the Gust Application form, to prepare the required information and documents before applying.
Target one of the challenges of CCTA2020 Energy Efficiency and Renewables
Have at least two founders in the company with a balance between tech and business skills
To possess a solid MVP prototype, have a clear understanding of company’s vision and defined goals
Prepare to show their scalable business model.
Both local and international startups, who can fill the above mentioned requirements, can apply.
CCTA 2020 Acceleration Program is a 16-week intensive training and mentorship program that will lead the technology startups to become investment and market ready by providing the following benefits:
- Business Development Support: Participating startups will be guided in all phases of business development, including development of product/service, team composition, value proposition, market strategy, customer traction, business model, funding strategy, etc.
- International Mentorship: The startups will have the opportunity to work with leading business and tech international mentors.
- Funding is an integral part of the program: To fuel the further growth of successful ventures, the program is partnering also with ADB Ventures. ADB Ventures was established in January this year to support and invest in technology-driven businesses with significant potential to scale and deliver impact. Its inaugural ADB Ventures Investment Fund 1 has a 17-year fund life and supports early-stage and growth-stage cleantech, agricultural technology, fintech, and health technology businesses. Its focus will be on companies with solutions that can address climate change and empower women.
The most promising startups will have the opportunity to:
To pitch their ideas in front of the evaluating committee, who will select the ones worth monetary awards of up to USD 10,000.
Participate in worldwide startup targeting events (such as WebSummit, Rise Conference, etc.)
Implement the PILOT PROJECTS for further scaling in the market
Pitch face to face or online to worldwide investors
Be introduced to VCs; investment channels and finance sources
Does the applicant’s response clearly describe
(1) the company’s unique value proposition (the business concept),
(2) how the firm uses its sustainable competitive advantage to perform better than its competitors over time (strategy),
(3) how the firm can make money now and in the future (revenue model)?
Does the applicant’s response clearly describe what they are selling, or plan to sell, to customers?
Demonstrates an innovative approach in addressing a neglected / ineffectively addressed social and/or environmental problem. The approach could include either an innovative solution and/or an innovative business model. Collaborations with the government, private sector, academia, NGOs, and civil society are in place.
Problem definition and impact
The venture’s solution is addressing a clearly defined social and/or environmental problem. The venture has the potential to make an impact on the community, industry sector and/or geographic location it operates in. The targeted/achieved impact is measurable and can be mapped against Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Market and scalability
Replicable, scalable business model targeting sustainable operations. There is clear evidence of market demand for the product or service, demonstrated by sales and market share in the country of operation, as well as by interest from partners or customers in other countries.
There is a clear focus on integrating undeserved populations into the value chain of the venture through job creation, capacity building, and empowerment projects, local sourcing of goods and services, etc. There is a demonstrated attempt to strive for equal opportunities (gender, race, religion, etc.) in the team, and other activities of the venture (supply chains, employees, customers).
The team demonstrates the appropriate skills, motivation, commitment, and ambition to grow the venture and using the program support to scale their solution to other countries.
How do I apply for CCTA 2020 program?
Startups apply via filling an online application through Gust platform
Do you accept international companies?
Yes, of course! We accept companies from all around the world. We highly believe that diversity and equality makes a better team and business.
When does the program begin?
We are happy to announce that CCTA 2020 program will start in the middle of July 2020